List Price: $79.00
Rolls are premium, long-lasting, aluminum oxide material, specifically formulated for Woodmaster Drum Sanders.25 yd x 6″ width sandpaper rolls (60 Grit)
50″ Sanders = 4 wraps
38″ Sanders = 6 wraps
26″ Sanders = 8 wraps
Username or Email Address *
Lost your password?
Lost your password? Please enter your username or email address. You will receive a link to create a new password via email.
Username or Email Address
Only Woodmaster Combines these 10 Crucial Features:
1. TRUE 4-IN-1 PERFORMANCE No other molder/planer offers you anything close to the Woodmaster’s flexibility. With the Woodmaster and a Pro Pack, you’re 100% equipped to handle 4 jobs with 1 machine: molding, planing, sanding, and sawing…all with excellence.
2. VALUE-ADDED ACCESSORIES Only Woodmaster gives you a broad (and growing!) selection of accessories that add power, value and earnings as you speed production: Power Platform with Router Attachment lets you shape multiple sides per pass; Mop Wheel Sanding Head sands deep profiles easily; True Spiral Cutterhead creates finest finishes; New Double Molding Knife Holder doubles molding production speed. More details, see p. 14 – 18 of this catalog!
3. VARIABLE FEED RATE is standard equipment Variable feed rate is a MUST — don’t let anybody tell you different. The Woodmaster comes with TWO motors so you get optimum power when and where you need it. One drives the head at a constant 4,200 rpm. The other controls the feed rate. Turn the dial and fine-tune the feed rate for perfect output every time.
4. Make highest-profit CURVED MOLDING Any architectural element that’s curved commands top dollar. The Woodmaster is the ONLY multi-duty tool that’ll turn out curved and elliptical window frames, door casings, and archways. It’s actually quite easy and we’ll show you how in our FREE “How to Make Curved Molding” DVD.
5. Full-time, in-house KNIFE DEPARTMENT We manufacture the machine AND the pattern knives as your assurance of quality and fit. We create each knife with a combination of computer-controlled technology and old-world hand-craftsmanship. We have over 500 patterns to choose from PLUS we make custom knives for you: just send us a drawing or an antique molding sample to match.
6. AMERICAN Quality & Service Our facilities are located in Kansas City, MO, right in the center of the country. NOT in China, NOT in Taiwan. Woodmaster planers are carefully put together in the USA by American workers. We use the strongest, highest-quality materials, precisely machined, fitted, and assembled by hand with care and pride. Learn more about Woodmaster’s commitment to keeping USA jobs here at home — see page 21 of this catalog.
7. A QUARTER-CENTURY & over 80,000 CUSTOMERS We’ve made more molder/planers than any manufacturer we know of, anywhere in the world, BAR NONE. And, thanks to over 80,000 customers, we’ll soon be celebrating our 30th year of manufacturing Woodmasters! Suggestion: when you’re shopping for a molder/planer, ask the salesperson if they build their machines themselves…how long they’ve been around…and how many machines they have in the field.
8. BUILT LIKE A TANK Weighing in at as much as 808 lbs., Woodmaster is serious woodworking equipment. All that weight and mass comes from heavy cast iron and thick heavy-guage steel that dampens vibration and provides rock-solid support for the head’s massive bearings. This is one machine that won’t “walk” around your shop!
9. In-House Experts Help You Every Step of the Way Our staff has over 200 years of combined experience with Woodmaster equipment. That means you get straight for-ward answers and common-sense tips from experts who know our machines inside and out. This level of expertise and service is simply unavailable from catalog companies selling hundreds of different machines. Plus, both our sales and service lines are TOLL FREE. So if you have a question, you won’t have to pay to get an answer!
10. STRONGEST CONSUMER PROTECTION in the industry We want you to TRY a Woodmaster so you’ll see it’s everything we say it is and more. That’s why we offer you a no-questions-asked 60 Day RISK FREE money-back trial offer and that’s why we back every machine with our industry-leading 5-year warranty.
1. Built-Like A Tank! Woodmaster Drum Sanders are “built like a tank” for years of smooth, stable performance. So smooth, in fact, you can stand a nickel on edge while the machine is sanding! We don’t cut corners or make design compromises to keep prices low. We do keep our machines simple and unfussy. Customers have compared them to old Farmall Tractors and ’57 Chevys: simple, rugged American machines that just don’t quit. Yes, you can pay less for an overseas sander, but with a Woodmaster, you’ll get far more in performance, ease-of-use and durability…and save thousands of dollars in the long run.
2. True, “Bottom-Draw” Dust Collection – captures dust before it can rotate and load sand paper. Woodmaster dust chutes are not hung from inside the hood as an engineering afterthought…they’re fully-integrated into the body of the machine, the same as you’d find on a wide-belt sander.
3. Dynamically Balanced, 6-inch Diameter Steel Drums. We do not use aluminum which is easier and cheaper to machine. Aluminum conducts and retains heat. This makes it a favorite metal for cookware, but on a sanding drum, retained heat melts glue holding the sanding grit. Also, we do not use rubber coated steel drums. We agree with Grizzly Industrial, who says this about their 24” sanders with aluminum drums – “Customers have asked us why our drums are not rubber coated. Rubber-coated drums become “spongy” and do not sand evenly or parallel to the ends.”
4. Fast, Easy Paper Change-over made possible with Woodmaster’s hook and loop system. Compared to cumbersome spring clip methods, Woodmaster’s system eliminates stretching, creasing or creeping. Here’s what Fine Woodworking Magazine says: “Changing abrasives on the Woodmaster is a snap. Once the machine’s large cover is off, there’s plenty of maneuvering room. Changing abrasives on the Grizzly is awkward. …of the closed-frame machines, the Woodmaster… gets my top vote. It is robustly built, smooth and quiet in operation, offers easy abrasive-strip changing, and they have a conveyor reversing switch.”
5. Conveyor Reversing Switch – Woodmaster’s infinitely variable feed system lets you add a conveyor reversing switch — an exclusive advantage not possible with most Asian machines we know of. Eliminates hiking between infeed and outfeed. Simply flip the switch and the conveyor belt reverses. Your workpiece comes back to you as it gets another sanding pass.
6. Optimum 750 RPM Drum Speed. 3-M Corp., leading sandpaper manufacturer, conducted studies and concluded that, for 6” dia. drums, 750 rpm is the optimum speed for sanding efficiency and longer paper life. Hence, all our drums turn at this recommended speed. This translates to a drum surface speed of 1,150 fpm. Taiwan sanders turn at twice this speed, which can prematurely degrade, load the sand paper, cause glazing and, worst of all, burn the work piece.
7. Self-Aligning Conveyor Belts – Woodmaster belts use trapezoid-shaped infeed conveyor rollers and are engineered to be self-aligning. Our large, 4” dia. rollers are nearly twice the diameter of Taiwan rollers. This means you get twice as much traction – perfect for aggressive sanding and large, heavy work pieces.
8. First Drum Can Be Operated Independently of Rear Drum – Only Woodmaster offers dual drum sanders that let you operate one drum independently of the other. It’s all done with the simple turn of a lever. No other sanders offer this critical advantage! You save valuable fine grit paper by raising the outfeed drum when making multiple passes with heavy grit paper. An easy task with Woodmaster…impossible with other sanders.
9. USA Craftmanship – AMERICAN workers hand-assemble every Woodmaster. Your drum sander is built the way machinery used to be built – heavy, solid, true, simple, overbuilt to last. We build ‘em right here in Kansas City, USA. When you call, you’ll talk with a real person right in KC – folks who earn a wage running and/or assembling our machines. That’s why we put a 5-Year Limited Warranty on every Woodmaster.